First Science Book takes young learners aged 5+ on an introductory adventure through the fun scientific world, from seasons and weather to materials and magnets.
- Bright, simple labelled illustrations
- Activity panels and fun characters encourage hands-on learners
- Includes a Branches of Science wall poster, stored away at the front of the book
Your child will enjoy learning about the world around them in a fun way, by looking at how science influences their day-to-day life! First Science Book looks at key areas of science, with extraordinary facts and activity panels, alongside delightful illustrations, to appeal to all types of learners.
First Science Book covers Animal and Plant Life, Habitats, the Human Body and Staying Healthy, Rocks and Volcanoes, Weather and Seasons, Space, Materials, Forces, Machines, Light and Sounds, Colours, Electricity, Magnets, and Cool Scientists.
The wall poster introduces four key areas in a fun way: Life Sciences (zoology, ecology), Mathematics (geometry, data analysis), Applied Science (computers, medicine and engineering), and Physical Science (chemistry, astronomy, physics).
Award-winning author Alex Woolf has written more than 150 books for children about science, technology and history.
Illustrator Alice Potter is an illustrator and textile designer. Her style is bold and colourful, with friendly characters full of expression.
Miles Kelly is an independent UK children's book publisher. Our team works with award-winning authors and illustrators to create books that spark the imagination and curiosity of preschoolers and primary-school-aged children around the world.
• £2.99 for UK orders under £20
• Free for UK orders over £20
• We despatch orders within 3 days and delivery takes up to 7 days from the order date
• Orders placed after 12pm on Friday are despatched on the following Monday
• We use a courier for large items and Royal Mail for standard packages