100 Facts Astronomy is bursting with exactly 100 awesome facts, mind-blowing images and loads of great activities to help children aged 6–10 years learn everything they need to know about studying the Universe.
• Exciting, clear images of space objects to amaze kids.
• Fact files for each planet in the Solar System.
• Activities to help your child spot star patterns in the night sky.
100 Facts Astronomy includes key topics about the study and skill of astronomy in interesting numbered facts. Concise information is accompanied by amazing illustrations and photographs that put unbelievable facts into context for children. This title is a perfect introduction to astronomy books for kids aged 6–10 years.
Topics covered 100 Facts Astronomy:
• All the planets in the Solar System and their appearance.
• The vastness of our Universe and families of stars within billions of galaxies.
• Using a telescope and the first discoveries when observing space.
'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
• Earth is speeding round the Sun at 29.8 kilometres per second – more than 100,000 kilometres an hour. That's about 100 times faster than a jet airliner!
• According to legend, Isaac Newton began to think about gravity when he saw an apple fall from a tree, and wondered why the apple fell to the ground instead of floating up.
• The Liverpool telescope on the island of La Palma in the Atlantic Ocean is able to automatically observe a list of objects sent to it via the Internet.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive:
• Make a sundial using a short stick, modelling clay, card and a pencil.
• Quiz question: When was Hailey's Comet last seen?
• Draw an eclipse with drawing pins, paper, card and string.
Series: 100 Facts
Author: Sue Becklake
Consultant: Steve Parker
Age: 6–10 years
Dimensions: 297 x 228 mm
Format: Paperback with holographic foil
100 Facts Human Body book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 awesome facts, mind-blowing images and fun activities to help children learn everything they need to know about our...
Sticker Playbook Digger is a double-sided play mat for toddlers, with a fantastic illustrated short story about a building site, learning activities and 50 reusable vinyl stickers. • Sticker activities...
Jungle Survival Handbook explores the thickest rainforests and educates kids aged 8+ about the naturally hot, steamy conditions of the jungle and how to overcome the jungle challenge. With six...