100 Facts Reptiles and Amphibians is bursting with unbelievable images, fun activities and exactly 100 fascinating facts. Children aged 7+ will learn everything they need to know about this animal group.
• Kids learn more easily with bitesized information.
• Photographs and artworks aid children who learn through visual prompts.
• Activities allow children to put what they have learned into practice.
FREE standard UK delivery on every order in 3–7 working days
Next day UK delivery £5.95
International delivery from £7.50
Read more details about Delivery and Returns.
Gift card codes are delivered by email.
100 Facts Reptiles and Amphibians contains key topics about these cold-blooded creatures in simple numbered facts. Every page is covered in fantastic illustrations and photographs that support a child's understanding of the text. Part of our range of reptile books for kids, this title is perfect for homework support.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Reptiles and Amphibians:
• How reptiles and amphibians adapt to different climates and living conditions
• The hunting methods they use and their diet
• Leaping, crawling and camouflaging themselves from danger
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
• The male South American Surinam toad is quite an acrobat. When mating underwater, it has to press the eggs onto its mate's back. The eggs remain there until they hatch.
• One African gecko has such thin skin over its ear-openings that if you were to look at it with the openings lined up, you would see light coming through from the other side.
• Crocodile and alligator eggs only grow if they are kept warm, and the amount of heat affects whether the eggs develop into males or females. Below 30°C, the eggs all develop into females!
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Quiz question: How do poisonous snakes inject venom (poison) into their prey?
• Make your own slithery snake using lots of cotton reels. First paint them in different colours, then join the reels together with string to make the body. Use some card to make eyes and a tongue
• Make a mask of your favourite reptile or amphibian using a paper plate and some string
100 Facts Horses and Ponies is bursting with fantastic images, fun activities and amazing facts. Children aged 7+ will soon learn everything they need to know about the equine world....
100 Facts Space is bursting with incredible images, fun activities and exactly 100 fantastic facts. Children aged 7+ will learn everything they need to know about the Universe and the...
100 Facts Inventions book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 fascinating facts, awesome images and fun activities to help children aged 7+ learn everything they need to know about discoveries, developments...