100 Facts Polar Lands is bursting with fascinating images, fun activities and exactly 100 amazing facts for kids aged 7+. Children will learn everything they need to know about the Arctic and Antarctic.
• Kids learn more easily with bitesized information.
• Photographs and artworks aid children who learn through visual prompts.
• Activities allow children to put what they have learned into practice.
FREE standard UK delivery on every order in 3–7 working days
Next day UK delivery £5.95
International delivery from £7.50
Read more details about Delivery and Returns.
Gift card codes are delivered by email.
100 Facts Polar Lands includes key topics about the coldest environments on our planet with exciting numbered facts. Each fact is accompanied by beautiful illustrations and photographs, which add visual meaning to the information for kids.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Polar Lands:
• Earth's axis and the reason we have such cold places and extreme seasons
• Inhabitants of the North and South poles such as Inuits and Chukchis
• Polar ice-caps and protecting the poles
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
• Antarctica is the coldest place on Earth. At Vostok Base, the coldest-ever temperature was -89°C in 1983. That's more than four times colder than inside a freezer!
• Antarctica's ice-cap is an average of 1600 metres deep. In some places, the ice goes down 3350 metres before reaching the rocky surface of the continent.
• There are many predictions about how fast polar ice will melt and raise sea levels. Some say sea levels will rise by one metre by the year 2100.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Make a penguin that stands up! Draw penguin body parts on card and cut them out. Try to make it stand properly by giving it a short, stiff tail.
• Quiz question: Seals usually give birth to three pups. True or false?
• Reenact midsummer at the Arctic circle by holding an apple, with the stem (North Pole) facing towards a desk lamp (the Sun). Which pole stays in the Sun when you spin the apple around the Sun?
100 Facts Horses and Ponies is bursting with fantastic images, fun activities and amazing facts. Children aged 7+ will soon learn everything they need to know about the equine world....
100 Facts Space is bursting with incredible images, fun activities and exactly 100 fantastic facts. Children aged 7+ will learn everything they need to know about the Universe and the...
100 Facts Inventions book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 fascinating facts, awesome images and fun activities to help children aged 7+ learn everything they need to know about discoveries, developments...