1. The illustrated characters guide young readers through the book and are designed to represent and reassure early learners.
2. Clear, concise paragraphs of text work to not overwhelm children and slowly build their understanding of complex ideas.
3. Simple activities with a positive ‘I Can’ message encourage children to process and understand an idea by practising and recreating.
4. Delightful, modern illustration – with just enough detail for the 5–7 age range – is fun, friendly and educational to actively support children who learn better with strong visual prompts.
5. Labels, speech bubble text and stand-alone facts allow children to dip in and out, learning and processing at their own pace.