Miles Kelly may be a relatively small company, but we have big ideas about how we operate. We are constantly striving to provide our readers with books that are head and shoulders above those of our competitors, while shrinking our negative impact on the environment. There’s so much more to be done, but we’re proud of our achievements so far:
• We recycle all paper, cardboard, toner cartridges, cans, glass and plastic bottles, and batteries.
• We use environmentally low-impact lightbulbs, toilet paper and cleaning products.
• Our team is encouraged to print only when necessary, print on both sides of the paper where possible, and share printed handouts in meetings.
• All computers, monitors and lights are turned off at the end of the working day.
• We’ve switched from plastic cups to glasses for our water.
• Many members of staff share lifts to and from the office, or work some days at home, which helps to reduce fuel emissions.
• We’ve encouraged staff to cycle to work by signing up to a scheme that allows everyone to buy bikes at a reduced rate and pay for them over a year.
• All our books are made with paper from sustainable forests.