First Ocean Book takes young learners aged 5+ on a deep dive into our unbelievable underwater world, helping them to uncover everything there is to know about our blue planet.
- Bright, simple, clearly labelled illustrations on every spread
- Activity panels and fun characters encourage learning
- Includes an ocean Layers of Life wall poster, stored away at the front of the book
Children can explore incredible ocean habitats and meet the amazing animals that call them home through fun illustrations and fascinating facts. Oceans on the move, Life at the top, Down in the marvellous deep, Coral reefs and Dangers to oceans are just some of the topics covered. Key oceans such as the Arctic Ocean and infamous ocean animals such as sharks are introduced along the way. There's also an activity to try on every spread, plus a quiz page!
Author Barbara Taylor has written more than 120 children's books and encyclopedias – she has been writing for Miles Kelly for over 20 years alone. She was previously Science Editor at London's Natural History Museum. She has won the American Association of Physics Science Award and the National Literacy Association Wow Award.
Paul Nicholls is a talented freelance artist who works on a wide range of projects from advertising campaigns to children's books. You may recognise his characterful illustrations that feature in our gorgeous picture book, Ping the Panda.
Miles Kelly is an independent UK children's book publisher. Our team works with award-winning authors and illustrators to create books that spark the imagination and curiosity of preschoolers and primary-school-aged children around the world.
• £2.99 for UK orders under £20
• Free for UK orders over £20
• We despatch orders within 3 days and delivery takes up to 7 days from the order date
• Orders placed after 12pm on Friday are despatched on the following Monday
• We use a courier for large items and Royal Mail for standard packages