£6.99 Sold Out
Spot 50 Garden Birds is an easy-to-use garden birds field guide. Using colourful illustrations, fun facts and key information, kids can become experts in British garden bird identification.
• Clear identification tips
• Useful illustrations and photos for every entry
• Amazing facts and stats
FREE standard UK delivery on every order in 3–7 working days
Next day UK delivery £5.95
International delivery from £7.50
Read more details about Delivery and Returns.
Gift card codes are delivered by email.
Spot 50 Garden Birds covers 50 different British garden birds from the nocturnal barn owl and tawny owl to the plump robin and house sparrow. Illustrations of each species are clearly labelled and accompanied by useful information and detailed fact files. One of our top British bird books for kids aged 7+, this illustrated guide will help young birdwatchers to identify species.
Useful and practical features in Spot 50 Garden Birds include:
• A garden bird species list for kids to tick off once spotted. This task gives kids the opportunity to 'collect' each species and record their progress.
• Practical details, such as scale, and tips about where and how to find them mean children have all they need to identify different species in the great outdoors.
• A brief glossary defining important vocabulary such as plumage, fledgling and talons, to ensure kids have a strong understanding of these scientific terms.
• An introduction with a clear explanation of a bird's anatomy and tips about how to attract birds to your garden.
• Useful annotations and labels push children not only to identify each species, but also to make detailed and sophisticated observations about them.
Discover amazing garden bird facts such as:
• Male and female barn owls usually mate for life and both parents look after the chicks.
• Cuckoos lay eggs in dunnock nests. The dunnocks are unaware they are incubating an intruder. After hatching, the cuckoo fledgling throws the dunnock chicks out of the nest.
• British swifts spend winter in Africa, where they follow the rains. After rainfall, insect populations boom, providing a good food supply for these birds.
Author: Camilla de la Bedoyere
Size: 264 x 183.5 mm
Format: Paperback with foil
100 Facts Horses and Ponies is bursting with fantastic images, fun activities and amazing facts. Children aged 7+ will soon learn everything they need to know about the equine world....
100 Facts Space is bursting with incredible images, fun activities and exactly 100 fantastic facts. Children aged 7+ will learn everything they need to know about the Universe and the...
100 Facts Inventions book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 fascinating facts, awesome images and fun activities to help children aged 7+ learn everything they need to know about discoveries, developments...