Space Handbook is the definitive guide to the Solar System and its planets for kids, helping young learners aged 8+ to identify 27 objects in the night sky including the Moon, Orion and the Milky Way galaxy.
• Clear identification tips
• Useful illustrations and photos for every entry
• Amazing facts and stats
FREE standard UK delivery on every order in 3–7 working days
Next day UK delivery £5.95
International delivery from £7.50
Read more details about Delivery and Returns.
Gift card codes are delivered by email.
Space Handbook is a fun, practical guide with easy identification tips, key stats and awesome facts to encourage children to be interested in the subject.
Space Handbook can be used by kids for night-sky watching or doing indoor research, as each fact file contains lots of interesting information. This is part of our growing collection of children's space books, perfect for night sky enthusiasts.
Space objects included:
• The Sun: sunspots and solar eclipse
• The Earth's Moon: phases of the Moon, lunar eclipse, seas on the Moon and craters on the Moon
• Planets: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn
• Space rocks: comets, meteor showers, meteoroids and meteorites
• Stars: Northern Hemisphere stars, Southern Hemisphere stars, Orion, bright stars near Orion, Taurus, the Summer Triangle and Scorpius
• Galaxies: Southern Hemisphere, Andromeda and Milky Way
• Close to Earth: Northern and Southern lights, halos and sundogs, satellites
Features of this book:
• 27 detailed space object fact files include information on each object's diameter, mass, distance from Sun, time for orbit and surface temperature.
• Stunning space pictures, useful diagrams and photo-realistic illustrations to demystify complex astronomy for kids.
• Areas for kids to write down where they were and what they saw during each sighting.
• Each object, some described in their various states, can be ticked off as they are discovered.
• Helpful 'How to use this book' guide and glossary to summarise key definitions for young learners.
• A number of introductions to the subject such as 'Watching the night sky' and 'Stars on the move' prepare kids for the activity and lay a foundation for learning about space.
Author: Sue Becklake
Consultant: Jerry Stone
Size: 220 x 170 mm
Format: Paperback with graining, curved corners
100 Facts Horses and Ponies is bursting with fantastic images, fun activities and amazing facts. Children aged 7+ will soon learn everything they need to know about the equine world....
100 Facts Space is bursting with incredible images, fun activities and exactly 100 fantastic facts. Children aged 7+ will learn everything they need to know about the Universe and the...
100 Facts Inventions book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 fascinating facts, awesome images and fun activities to help children aged 7+ learn everything they need to know about discoveries, developments...