Sharks Handbook is a detailed shark identification guide for kids, helping young learners aged 8+ to identify over 40 different sharks including the tiger shark, frilled shark and lemon shark.
• Clear identification tips
• Useful illustrations and photos for every entry
• Amazing facts and stats
FREE standard UK delivery on every order in 3–7 working days
Next day UK delivery £5.95
International delivery from £7.50
Read more details about Delivery and Returns.
Gift card codes are delivered by email.
Sharks Handbook is a fun, practical guide featuring easy identification tips, key stats and awesome facts about sharks to encourage children to be interested in the subject.
Sharks Handbook can be used by kids at school or on a visit to an aquarium, as each fact file contains lots of interesting information. One of our top shark books for kids, eager minds will be excited to discover little-known facts about these magnificent hunters.
Shark species found in this book:
• Angel sharks and saw sharks: angel shark, Pacific angel shark and longnose saw shark
• Dogfish and close relatives: spiny dogfish, cookie-cutter shark and green land shark
• Cow, frilled and bullhead sharks: frilled shark, bluntnose sixgill shark, horn shark and Port Jackson shark
• Carpet sharks: whale shark, zebra shark, tasseled wobbegong, spotted wobbegong, nurse shark and epaulette shark
• Mackerel sharks: great white shark, shortfin mako, portbeagle shark, basking shark, goblin shark, thresher shark, megamouth shark and sandtiger shark
• Ground sharks: bonnethead shark, scalloped hammerhead, great hammerhead, leopard shark, Galapagos shark, grey reef shark, silky shark, bull shark, oceanic whitetip shark, blacktip reef shark, dusky shark, Caribbean reef shark, tiger shark, lemon shark, blue shark and whitetip reef shark
• Skates and rays: common skate, giant manta ray, common stingray and gulf torpedo
Features of this book:
• Over 40 detailed shark fact files include information on each species' size, reproduction figures, habitat and locations around the world.
• Thrilling shark photography for kids to recognize species.
• Clearly labelled illustrations for each species.
• Drawings, photos and notes can be added by children to record their ideas.
• 'Seen it?' and 'I've seen it' circles to tick allow kids to keep note of where or what they had to do to find each shark.
• Helpful 'How to use this book' guide and glossary to summarise key definitions for young learners.
Author: Camilla de la Bedoyere
Size: 220 x 170 mm
Format: Paperback with graining, curved corners
100 Facts Horses and Ponies is bursting with fantastic images, fun activities and amazing facts. Children aged 7+ will soon learn everything they need to know about the equine world....
100 Facts Space is bursting with incredible images, fun activities and exactly 100 fantastic facts. Children aged 7+ will learn everything they need to know about the Universe and the...
100 Facts Inventions book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 fascinating facts, awesome images and fun activities to help children aged 7+ learn everything they need to know about discoveries, developments...