Seashore Handbook is the perfect seashore identification guide for kids, helping young learners aged 8+ to identify over 40 seashore animals and plants found in the UK including plants, insects and birds.
• Clear identification tips
• Useful illustrations and photos for every entry
• Amazing facts and stats
"What a brilliant way to get children interested in the world around us and excellent value too. This book is ideal for a seaside holiday and there is plenty here for all age groups." Parents in Touch
FREE standard UK delivery on every order in 3–7 working days
Next day UK delivery £5.95
International delivery from £7.50
Read more details about Delivery and Returns.
Gift card codes are delivered by email.
Seashore Handbook is a fun, practical guide featuring easy identification tips, key stats and amazing facts about seashore wildlife, to encourage children to be interested in the subject. Seashore Handbook can be used by kids on outdoor excursions or doing indoor research, as each fact file contains lots of essential information.
Examples of seashore wildlife included:
• Seaweeds: bladder wrack, dulse, knotted wrack, oarweed and sea lettuce
• Plants: glasswort, marram grass, scarlet pimpernel, sea kale, sea pea, silverweed and thift
• Starfish, urchins and anemones: beadlet anemone, brittle star, edible sea urchin and starfish
• Molluscs: common cockle, common limpet, common mussel, common periwinkle, dog whelk and painted topshell
• Crustaceans: hermit crab, northern acorn barnacle, sand hopper, shore crab, shrimp and velvet swimming crab
• Insects: common blue butterfly, grayling butterfly, green tiger beetle and red-banded sand wasp
• Birds: avocet, common tern, cormorant, curlew, herring gull, knot, oystercatcher, redshank, ringed plover and shelduck
Features of this book:
• Over 40 detailed seashore animal and plant fact files to engage children, including information on each specimen's type, size, habitat, location and common names.
• Photos of each specimen in their natural habitat and descriptions of variations in the species so that kids understand what they are looking for.
• Interactive boxes can be used to make notes, sketch finds and stick in photos from expeditions.
• 'I've seen it' and 'I've seen it in' circles to tick provide children with the goal of filling in the book and also helps them to understand the seasonal behaviour of the species.
• 'Seashore safety' and 'How to become a seashore detective' sections highlight key points for young learners and educate kids with the important foreknowledge required to explore the seashore and life-long safety tips.
Author: Camilla de la Bedoyere
Size: 220 x 170 mm
Format: Paperback with graining, curved corners
100 Facts Horses and Ponies is bursting with fantastic images, fun activities and amazing facts. Children aged 7+ will soon learn everything they need to know about the equine world....
100 Facts Space is bursting with incredible images, fun activities and exactly 100 fantastic facts. Children aged 7+ will learn everything they need to know about the Universe and the...
100 Facts Inventions book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 fascinating facts, awesome images and fun activities to help children aged 7+ learn everything they need to know about discoveries, developments...