Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales book is an enchanting collection of charming short stories for kids to enjoy from one of the greatest storytellers of all time.
• Wonderful illustrations to captivate children.
• 512 pages of fantastic stories to keep kids entertained.
• Well-known stories by the master storyteller to share with your child.
Children can explore 50 captivating tales of mermaids, princes and magical animals, with beautiful illustrations that bring a wealth of delightful and quirky characters to life.
Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales book is divided into five sections, each with ten of the best fantastical fairy stories around, including much-loved favourites about transformations, journeys of discovery and extraordinary events – retold for young children aged 6+. These famous stories are perfect to read at bedtime.
Chapters and stories include Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales book:
• Journeys of Discovery chapter includes The Little Mermaid and The Brave Tin Soldier
• Looking and Seeing chapter includes The Snow Queen and The Snowman
• Lessons Learned chapter includes The Emperor's New Clothes and The Swineherd
• Friends and Enemies chapter includes Thumbelina and Little Tuck
• Extraordinary Events chapter includes The Princess and the Pea and The Little Matchgirl
The opening of The Little Matchgirl:
It was winter and it was terribly cold. The snow fell as evening drew in – the last evening of the year. In the biting cold and the gloom, a poor little girl was walking through the streets. She was so poor that her clothes hung in tatters, and she was bareheaded and barefoot. Her toes were quite red and blue with the freezing weather.
Compiled by: Vic Parker
Cover illustrator: Laurence Cleyet-Merle
Size: 220 x 170 mm
Format: Flexiback with glitter