First Q&A Birds of Prey is a small book full of big questions all about birds of prey.
First Q&A Birds of Prey covers a wide range of bird of topics, answering both the most common and unusual questions posed by children. Each clearly answered question is accompanied by a photograph or cartoon to aid a child's understanding. With unique questions and answers, amazing photographs and fun cartoons on every page, this little children's bird book is sure to be a big hit with curious minds.
Questions in First Q&A Birds of Prey cover basic concepts and unusual ideas such as:
• What are birds of prey?
• Why do vultures fly in circles?
• How do owls see in the dark?
• Why do eagles fight snakes?
• Which bird of prey eats ducks for dinner?
Fun activities put new ideas into context:
• Try birdwatching in your garden or nearest park. Note down what each bird you see looks like and sounds like.
• Stretch out your arms sideways and ask someone to measure your 'wingspan' with a tape measure.
• On dark nights, especially in the countryside, listen out for an owl's hooting call.
Short, well-written facts ensure that kids will remember them, supporting their recall skills:
• An Andean condor can soar at up to 5000 metres above sea level.
• Six million years ago, a giant bird of prey called Argentavis ruled the skies with a wingspan of 7 metres!
• The elf owl is the smallest owl. It's just 14 centimetres long and could sit in your hand.
Author: Anna Claybourne
Dimensions: 229 x 152.75 mm
Format: Saddle-stitched paperback
FREE standard UK delivery on every order in 3–7 working days
Next day UK delivery £5.95
International delivery from £7.50
Read more details about Delivery and Returns.
Gift card codes are delivered by email.
Learn to Write Letters helps children develop pen control to write the alphabet and numbers 1 to 10 in a fun, simple way. • Helps to develop key learning skills...
Learn to Write Numbers helps children develop pen control to write the alphabet and numbers 1 to 10 in a fun, simple way. • Helps to develop key learning skills...
Learn to Write Tractors and Diggers helps children develop pen control to write the alphabet and numbers 1 to 10 in a fun, simple way. • Helps to develop key...