First Q&A Birds is a small book full of big questions all about birds.
First Q&A Birds covers a wide range of bird-related topics, answering both the most common and unusual questions posed by children. Each clearly answered question is accompanied by a photograph or cartoon to aid a child's understanding. With unique questions and answers, amazing photographs and fun cartoons on every page, this little children's bird book is sure to be a big hit with curious minds.
Questions in First Q&A Birds cover basic concepts and unusual ideas such as:
• How do birds fly?
• Why do birds have beaks?
• Why do birds sit on their eggs?
• Why do woodpeckers peck?
• Why can't penguins fly?
Fun activities put new ideas into context:
• Using a measuring tape, find out how tall an ostrich is.
• Use sticks and twigs to make a nest. Make a soft lining with grass or straw.
• Make a bird feeder and hang it from a tree.
Short, well-written facts ensure that kids will remember them, supporting their recall skills:
• Most birds take two minutes to lay an egg. The mother cuckoo can lay an egg in 9 seconds!
• Bee hummingbirds beat their wings 200 times a second.
• Penguins can swim up to 27 kilometres an hour – faster than most people can run!
Dimensions: 229 x 152.75 mm
Format: Saddle-stitched paperback
FREE standard UK delivery on every order in 3–7 working days
Next day UK delivery £5.95
International delivery from £7.50
Read more details about Delivery and Returns.
Gift card codes are delivered by email.
Learn to Write Letters helps children develop pen control to write the alphabet and numbers 1 to 10 in a fun, simple way. • Helps to develop key learning skills...
Learn to Write Numbers helps children develop pen control to write the alphabet and numbers 1 to 10 in a fun, simple way. • Helps to develop key learning skills...
Learn to Write Tractors and Diggers helps children develop pen control to write the alphabet and numbers 1 to 10 in a fun, simple way. • Helps to develop key...