Classic Stories is an enchanting collection of timeless tales from classic literary authors, such as Lewis Carroll, Edith Nesbit and George Eliot.
• Delightful illustrations bring to life much-loved characters to keep children aged 8+ entertained time and again.
• A fantastic introduction to key literary works.
• With 512 pages, young readers will be engrossed for hours.
In Classic Stories, beautiful illustrations bring to life much-loved characters and scenes in literature.
The Railway Children, Vanity Fair, The Secret Garden and Jane Eyre are to name but a few of the masterpieces found within this wonderful book. Each renowned author is introduced to the reader with a brief description of their background and other works. A fantastic anthology of classic stories for children to treasure forever.
Sample stories included in Classic Stories:
• A Little Princess, an extract by Frances Hodgson Burnett
• Through the Looking Glass, an extract by Lewis Carroll
• Black Beauty, an extract by Anna Sewell
• Lorna Doone, an extract by R D Blackmore
• The Railway Children, an extract by Edith Nesbit
• Vanity Fair, an extract by William Makepeace Thackeray
• Heidi, an extract by Johanna Spyri
• Little Women, an extract by Louisa May Alcott
• The Secret Garden, an extract by Frances Hodgson Burnett
• Jane Eyre, an extract by Charlotte Bronte
• The Wind in the Willows, an extract by Kenneth Grahame
• The Water Babies, an extract by Charles Kingsley
• What Katy Did, an extract by Susan Coolidge
• The Mill on the Floss, an extract by George Eliot
• Great Expectations, an extract by Charles Dickens
• Pollyanna, an extract by Eleanor H Porter
• The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, an extract by L Frank Baum
• Five Children and It, an extract by Edith Nesbit
• Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, an extract by Lewis Carroll
Cover illustrator: Iva Sasheva
Dimensions: 220 x 170 mm
Format: Flexiback with holographic foil