Butterflies and Moths Handbook is a brilliant UK butterfly identification guide for kids, helping young learners aged 8+ to identify over 40 different types confidently.
• Clear identification tips
• Useful illustrations and photos for every entry
• Amazing facts and stats
FREE standard UK delivery on every order in 3–7 working days
Next day UK delivery £5.95
International delivery from £7.50
Read more details about Delivery and Returns.
Gift card codes are delivered by email.
Butterflies and Moths Handbook is a fun, practical guide featuring easy identification tips, key stats and amazing facts about butterflies, to encourage children to be interested in the subject. Butterflies and Moths Handbook can be used by kids on outdoor excursions or doing indoor research, as each fact file contains lots of interesting information.
Examples of butterflies and moths included:
• Skippers, swallowtails and whites: brimstone, green-veined white, large skipper, large white, small white and swallowtail
• Hairstreaks, coppers and blues: Adonis blue, brown argus, common blue, green hairstreak, purple hairstreak and small copper
• Nymphs: comma, dark green fritillary, large heath, marsh fritillary, meadow brown, painted lady, peacock, purple emperor, red admiral, ringlet, small heath, small tortoiseshell, speckled wood, wall brown and white admiral
• Moths: angel shades, brimstone, cinnabar, codling, common emerald, elephant hawk-moth, garden carpet, garden tiger, lime hawk-moth, magpie, poplar hawk-moth, privet hawk-moth, scalloped oak, scarlet tiger and six-spot burnet
Features of this book:
• Over 40 detailed butterfly and moth fact files to engage children, including information on each species' habitat, breeding activity, wingspan and flight period.
• Detailed butterfly pictures for kids to identify their sightings and useful labels to explain the main features of each species.
• Dedicated areas to record observations, and add drawings and photos.
• 'I saw this butterfly in' circles to tick, helping kids to understand butterfly months and seasons.
• 'How to use this book' guide and glossary to summarise key definitions for young learners.
• Introduction to the book – What are the differences? – offers helpful tips such as how to tell them apart.
Author: Camilla de la Bedoyere
Size: 220 x 170 mm
Format: Paperback with graining, curved corners
100 Facts Horses and Ponies is bursting with fantastic images, fun activities and amazing facts. Children aged 7+ will soon learn everything they need to know about the equine world....
100 Facts Space is bursting with incredible images, fun activities and exactly 100 fantastic facts. Children aged 7+ will learn everything they need to know about the Universe and the...
100 Facts Inventions book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 fascinating facts, awesome images and fun activities to help children aged 7+ learn everything they need to know about discoveries, developments...