British Garden Life Handbook is a concise UK garden plant and animal identification guide for kids. Young learners aged 8+ can identify over 100 different types of garden life, including trees and shrubs, flowers and grasses, and garden birds.
• Clear identification tips
• Useful illustrations and photos for every species
• Amazing facts and stats
FREE standard UK delivery on every order in 3–7 working days
Next day UK delivery £5.95
International delivery from £7.50
Read more details about Delivery and Returns.
Gift card codes are delivered by email.
British Garden Life Handbook is a fun, practical guide featuring easy identification tips, key stats and amazing facts about wildlife, to encourage children to be interested in the subject. British Garden Life Handbook can be used by kids on outdoor excursions or doing indoor research, as each fact file contains lots of interesting information.
Examples of wildlife in this book:
• Trees and shrubs section includes bramble, honeysuckle and weeping willow
• Flowers and grasses section includes bamboo, clematis and hollyhock
• Reptiles and amphibians section includes the common frog, grass snake and viviparous lizard
• Birds section includes the blue tit, goldfinch and starling
• Mammals section includes the brown hare, hedgehog and red fox
• Bugs section includes the bluebottle, centipede and peacock butterfly
Features of this book:
• Over 100 detailed garden life fact files include information on each plant's scientific name, type, flowers and fruit, and each reptile's adult size, hibernation and breeding habits.
• Amazing photos for kids to compare with their findings.
• 'My notes and pictures' section for kids to be creative and include their own notes and sightings.
• 'I've seen a' and 'In the' circles to tick allow kids to record what they have seen and where they found it.
• Helpful 'How to use this book' guide and glossary to summarise key definitions for young learners.
• Introductions to the book – Creating a wildlife garden and The garden in winter – offer helpful tips such as how to make your garden more wildlife friendly, building a bird box and what you might see during each season.
100 Facts Horses and Ponies is bursting with fantastic images, fun activities and amazing facts. Children aged 7+ will soon learn everything they need to know about the equine world....
100 Facts Space is bursting with incredible images, fun activities and exactly 100 fantastic facts. Children aged 7+ will learn everything they need to know about the Universe and the...
100 Facts Inventions book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 fascinating facts, awesome images and fun activities to help children aged 7+ learn everything they need to know about discoveries, developments...