50 Toy Box Tales is a thoroughly entertaining collection of short stories straight from the playroom, including tales by Edith Nesbit, Johnny Gruelle and Frances Hodgson Burnett.
• Beautiful illustrations throughout by talented children's illustrators
• Short stories to allow kids to complete reading challenges easily.
• Familiar characters as well as new faces excite and enthral young readers.
50 Toy Box Tales lets kids open the toy box to share the adventures of tin soldiers, dolls, kites and balls, as well as a host of best-loved characters such as Raggedy Ann and Pinocchio.
In each of the five themed sections, children will experience the magical moments of toys coming to life. Each tale is accompanied by colourful illustrations that bring toys to life in kids' imaginations. This is a wonderfully entertaining toy story book for kids to enjoy, along with parents who once cherished a favourite toy.
Chapters and stories inside 50 Toy Box Tales:
• Magical Moments chapter includes Pinocchio Comes to Life, an extract from Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi
• Children and their Toys chapter includes Raggedy Ann and the Kittens by Johnny Gruelle
• Adventures and Troubles chapter includes The Steadfast Tin Soldier by Hans Christian Andersen
• Child's Play chapter includes A Surprise Party, an extract from Little Men by Louisa May Alcott
• Out in the Wide World chapter includes The Bouncible Ball by E Nesbit
An extract from The Bouncible Ball:
And off it bounced down the path, and the children bounced after it, shrieking with delight. Then they bounced over the wall – all three of them. You have not the least idea how glorious it is to feel full of bounce. So that, instead of dragging one foot after the other, you bounce along, and every time your feet touch the ground you bounce higher, and all without taking any trouble or tiring yourself.
Compiled by: Tig Thomas
Cover illustrator: Bill Bolton
Dimensions: 220 x 170 mm
Format: Flexiback with holographic foil