300 Fantastic Facts Oceans is an incredible learning experience for kids aged 7–10 who love reading about life below the waves.
• Numbered facts help children to progress through the book and feel a sense of achievement.
• Fun activities help young learners put ideas into practice.
• Detailed photos and artwork take readers up close to each subject area.
FREE standard UK delivery on every order in 3–7 working days
Next day UK delivery £5.95
International delivery from £7.50
Read more details about Delivery and Returns.
Gift card codes are delivered by email.
Throughout 300 Fantastic Facts Oceans, there are activity panels and quiz questions for kids to test their new knowledge and to challenge them to remember all the amazing facts they have read so far. With 300 fun ocean facts for kids to discover, alongside hundreds of sea life pictures and cartoons, and finished with a striking cover to reflect the facts on the inside, it is both a helpful homework resource, as well as an interesting ocean book for kids to read for pleasure.
Some fantastic facts that can be found inside include:
• Oceans are deep places. The average depth is 3800 metres, but in some places the seabed lies as deep as 11,000 metres.
• Below 1000 metres, absolutely no light can penetrate. So far from the Sun’s rays, this habitat is intensely cold, and there is bone-crushing pressure from the enormous weight of water above.
• Air pollution from carbon dioxide causes the oceans to become more acidic. This stops polyps, especially cold-water ones, from being able to grow their stony skeletons.
Quiz questions and activities for kids from 300 Fantastic Facts Oceans:
• See water under pressure using an empty milk carton, sticky tape and running water.
• Odd one out – which of these animals uses colour and pattern to scare other animals, rather than to hide?
• Use the word ‘bioluminescence’ to create as many new words as you can by rearranging the letters.
100 Facts Horses and Ponies is bursting with fantastic images, fun activities and amazing facts. Children aged 7+ will soon learn everything they need to know about the equine world....
100 Facts Space is bursting with incredible images, fun activities and exactly 100 fantastic facts. Children aged 7+ will learn everything they need to know about the Universe and the...
100 Facts Inventions book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 fascinating facts, awesome images and fun activities to help children aged 7+ learn everything they need to know about discoveries, developments...