100 Facts Shipwrecks is bursting with exactly 100 awesome facts, mind-blowing images and fun activities to help children aged 7+ learn everything they need to know about the incredible secrets of sunken ships.
• Kids learn more easily with bitesized information.
• Photographs and artworks aid children who learn through visual prompts.
• Activities allow children to put what they have learned into practice.
FREE standard UK delivery on every order in 3–7 working days
Next day UK delivery £5.95
International delivery from £7.50
Read more details about Delivery and Returns.
Gift card codes are delivered by email.
100 Facts Shipwrecks contains key topics about the remains of ships beneath the waves in concise numbered facts. Information is accompanied by amazing illustrations and photographs that put unbelievable facts into context for young learners.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Shipwrecks:
• How ships float and the causes of sinking
• Historical shipwrecks and the most famous of all time – Titanic
• Robots, submersibles and diving discoveries
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
• Some divers have suggested using sea lions to help explore wrecks. Sea lions are intelligent, and can swim and dive in spaces too small or dangerous for humans to explore.
• Voyager submersible has sensor 'eyes' that produce three-dimensional images of the underwater world. Investigators wear special goggles to view the images.
• In just four years, from 1979 to 1983, archaeologists made almost 25,000 dives to the seabed to recover the shipwrecked Mary Rose and its contents.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Write a poem or song about a voyage on a Viking warship you have named. Will you return to safety or will you become shipwrecked? Get some ideas from the book!
• Quiz question: What makes divers sink below the waves?
• Make predictions about what objects (such as a pebble) will float or sink in water and then record your results in a chart
100 Facts Horses and Ponies is bursting with fantastic images, fun activities and amazing facts. Children aged 7+ will soon learn everything they need to know about the equine world....
100 Facts Space is bursting with incredible images, fun activities and exactly 100 fantastic facts. Children aged 7+ will learn everything they need to know about the Universe and the...
100 Facts Inventions book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 fascinating facts, awesome images and fun activities to help children aged 7+ learn everything they need to know about discoveries, developments...