100 Facts Seashore is bursting with exactly 100 awesome facts, mind-blowing images and great activities to help children aged 7+ learn everything they need to know about coastlines around the world.
• Kids learn more easily with bitesized information.
• Photographs and artworks aid children who learn through visual prompts.
• Activities allow children to put what they have learned into practice.
FREE standard UK delivery on every order in 3–7 working days
Next day UK delivery £5.95
International delivery from £7.50
Read more details about Delivery and Returns.
Gift card codes are delivered by email.
100 Facts Seashore includes key topics about what happens where the land meets the sea in concise, interesting numbered facts. Information is accompanied by amazing illustrations and photographs that put unbelievable facts into context for children. Seashore books are great for finding out more after a coastal visit.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Seashore:
• Diverse coastal features and conditions in different parts of the world
• The effect of the constant tides on the shore and the creation of estuaries, lagoons and rock pools
• Human uses of the coast and dangers to be aware of
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
• In some mudflats, the numbers of small shellfish, called spireshells, are greater than 50,000 in just one square metre!
• Seashore plants were once used to make glass. Glassworts, samphires and saltworts were harvested and burned to obtain the substance soda-ash, or sodium carbonate, used in glass-making.
• The biggest cargo containerships may carry more than 14,000 standard metalbox containers. Put end to end they would stretch almost 90 kilometres!
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Recreate a cliff collapse in a bowl by patting wet play sand up the side so it is steep and then creating waves with water – watch it erode away!
• Create a sand sculpture with dry sand, then wet sand, then very wet sand. Which is easiest to use?
• Quiz question: How many kilometres of seashore are there around the world?
100 Facts Horses and Ponies is bursting with fantastic images, fun activities and amazing facts. Children aged 7+ will soon learn everything they need to know about the equine world....
100 Facts Space is bursting with incredible images, fun activities and exactly 100 fantastic facts. Children aged 7+ will learn everything they need to know about the Universe and the...
100 Facts Inventions book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 fascinating facts, awesome images and fun activities to help children aged 7+ learn everything they need to know about discoveries, developments...