June 26, 2018
Getting to the airport, checking in and waiting for your flight can be a stressful process; add kids to the mix and it can VERY stressful indeed. Here are a couple of handy activity ideas that we found online to keep them occupied and hopefully keep you sane.
1. Watch the aeroplanes Sorry, this seems extremely obvious but sometimes it's easy to forget what's on your doorstep. Look out of the window and discuss all the different types of aeroplanes, how they work and where they might be going.
2. Airport games Make walking around the terminal a game by playing 'I spy' or if you have loads of time to kill, go on a scavenger hunt. Ask your child to find a particular object, sign or place in different areas of the airport – some good exercise for parents too!
3. Suitcase races If your child owns a suitcase on wheels and there is large empty area in the airport, your children could have a suitcase race. One adult could be the starting post and the other could be the finish line!
4. Start their holiday journal What better time to start a holiday journal or diary than at the beginning of the holiday. Your child could write about getting up in the morning, the journey to the airport and what they have been doing at the airport. This will encourage them to continue writing when they have reached their holiday destination.
5. Activity books Activity books are a great solution to airport boredom as children can get very engrossed in them. We would recommend our new Convertible Playbook Airport or our Play Packs which include a storybook, a puzzle book and a jigsaw in one handy pack.
6. Have an airport picnic Children will find the idea of an airport picnic more fun than a regular picnic. Bring a blanket in your hand luggage and stock up on snacks airside.
7. Airport role play Use your environment wisely and role play different characters you find at an airport. Perhaps your child could man the check-in desk and you are a traveller waiting to check in.
We hope these ideas help you on your next airport adventure. If you enjoyed this blog post, please share it on Facebook or Twitter.
August 10, 2018
July 04, 2018
April 18, 2018
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …