First Q&A Weather is a small book full of big questions all about weather.
First Q&A Weather covers a wide range of weather-related topics, answering both the most common and unusual questions posed by children. Each clearly answered question is accompanied by a photograph or cartoon to aid a child's understanding. With unique questions and answers, amazing photographs and fun cartoons on every page, this is a great introduction to weather books for kids aged 5+. It's sure to be a big hit with curious minds!
Questions in First Q&A Weather cover basic concepts and unusual ideas such as:
• Why are days longer in summer?
• When is snow dangerous?
• What is a rainbow made of?
• When can you see three suns?
• Are all clouds small and fluffy?
Fun activities put new ideas into context:
• Draw a picture of a tornado and a hurricane.
• Find photographs of red, orange and brow leaves in autumn.
• Count the seconds between a flash of lightning and a clap of thunder.
Short, well-written facts ensure that kids will remember them, supporting their recall skills:
• At the North and South poles, the Sun never sets in summer. It is light all day.
• In India, enough rain falls in one year to cover the ground with water 26 metres deep!
• Lightning can be red, blue, yellow or white.
Author: Chris Oxlade
Dimensions: 229 x 152.75 mm
Format: Saddle-stitched paperback
Butterflies and Moths Handbook is a brilliant UK butterfly identification guide for kids, helping young learners aged 8+ to identify over 40 different types confidently. • Clear identification tips• Useful...
Cats Handbook is a detailed cat guide for kids. Children aged 8+ can read about 40+ different cat breeds, including Short-haired Tabby, Siamese and Persian Blue Longhair. • Amazing photography and...
Dinosaurs Handbook is a concise dinosaur identification guide for kids, helping young learners aged 8+ to identify over 40 different types with confidence. • Clear identification tips• Useful illustrations and...