This week Miles Kelly is reflecting on their green mission to celebrate Go Green Week 2015. Miles Kelly is always looking for ways to help the environment and go green.
At Miles Kelly we understand the importance of protecting the environment and strive to be as green as possible. Even though we are a small company, we have big ideas on how we operate to make a conscious effort to shrink our negative impact on the world.
Here is just some of the thing we do at Miles Kelly to help the environment.
• Our books are printed on paper from sustainable forests.
• We encourage staff to print only when necessary, on both sides of the paper and share handouts in meetings. We also recycle all of our paper, cardboard, toner cartridges, bottles and batteries.
• We use low-impact light bulbs and all lights, monitors and computers are turned off at the end of each day. We also use low-impact cleaning products and toilet paper.
• We no longer use plastic cups for water – we use glasses that are washed and used again.
• We’ve encouraged staff to cycle to work by signing up for scheme, which allows everyone to buy bikes at a reduced rate and then pay for them over the course of a year.
• Many of our great team share lifts to and from the office, which greatly lowers our carbon fuel emissions.
• All of the electricity we purchase and use comes from renewable resources in the UK.
Being green and lowering our negative impact on the environment is an important concern at Miles Kelly and we are always thinking of new ways we can go green . Although there is still much more to be done, we are proud of the progress we have made to make Miles Kelly a greener company!
Check out our fantastic Pinterest board filled with great ideas, and tips and tricks for being greener and more environmentally friendly.
Follow Miles Kelly Publishing's board Being Green on Pinterest.
Share with us your tips on being green and environmentally friendly in the comments section below, or via Facebook or Twitter.