Posted on January 16, 2015 | 0 Comments
Even though we see them every day and know exactly what they look like, when it comes to putting pencil to paper, do you find you can never draw your favourite pets? With this step-by-step guide, you'll be able to draw a dog in no time!
Here's how you do it:
1. Draw a big, narrow oval for the body. Add a small circle for the head and two oblong shapes for the legs and tail.
2. Shape the outline of the body.
3. Erase the guidelines that you no longer need. Soften the outline to create a furry texture.
4. Add details to the nose, ears and mouth and continue to shade the fur.
5. Pressing gently, colour your dog using lots of long lines in the direction of the fur. Add shading to the areas you have left pale with regular pencil or a brown shade.
... then just give it a name! Woof woof!
Sign up to be the first to hear about our offers, new books and exciting news.